The session is entitled “Getting Started with WidgetFX: Open-Source Widget Desktop Platform with JavaFXTM Technology”, and will cover how to:
- Convert a JavaFX application to a desktop widget
- Package your widget so it will install and execute with one click
- Reuse existing JavaFX and Java technology-based APIs in your widget
- Develop signed widgets with access to system resources
- Communicate with enterprise Web services from the desktop, using JavaFX technology
- Hook into existing APIs to do cool things such as interact with hardware, use 3-D, and embed Flash
- Build widgets that can also be deployed on mobile devices
If you haven’t already signed up for JavaOne and are a JUG member, make sure to take advantage of the $100 discount mentioned on Van Riper’s blog.
See you at JavaOne!